Today marks two years of marriage for me and my husband! We’ve certainly had our ups and downs in the past two years, but overall it’s just been so much fun growing together as husband and wife. I’m looking forward to many more years with him by my side! And so, in honor of our anniversary, I’ve put together a “top ten” list of things I love about my husband.
1. His love for God. He faithfully serves God in both big and small ways. He’s grown so much in his knowledge of the Bible and in his love for Christ over the past two years!
2. His selflessness. He is truly the most selfless person I know. He’d do anything for anybody. It doesn’t matter if it’s inconvenient or if there’s a hundred other things he’d rather be doing. He’s sacrificed for me more times than I can count.
3. His work ethic. He leaves our warm and snuggly bed every morning and goes to work whether he feels like it or not. He always gives 100% no matter what the job and is always willing to go the extra mile. I rarely hear him complain even though the days can be so long, hot, and tiring during this time of the year.
4. He’s a great dad. He snuggles, changes diapers, reads books, gives baths, and loves on our little guy. I know Blake and our future children will know that their daddy will always be there for them…to wrestle, cuddle, counsel, discipline, encourage, protect, and to lead all with a love that can’t be denied.
5. His humility. He’s quick to say he’s sorry if he’s messed up. He doesn’t have to always be right. He’s willing to listen to the godly advice and wisdom of others. He’s willing to compromise.
6. His sense of humor. His quick wit and funny remarks can make anybody laugh. He often makes me laugh even when I don’t want to. He truly fills our home with joy and laughter.
7. His ability to stand for what is right. Even when it’s difficult!
8. He can fix anything. I remember thinking when I was a teenager, “what if I marry someone who can’t fix things?” I had grown up with a dad who could fix anything from a leaky pipe to a broken toy. Thankfully, my husband is just like him!
9. He builds things. This may sound similar to number 8, but stick with me. Not only can he fix anything, he can build anything. He took a home that I hated (even italicizing that word doesn’t give justice to the amount of hatred I had toward that house when I first walked through it) and made it into something I absolutely love. I simply watch in amazement as he creates something out of nothing and he just acts like it’s no big deal.
10. He’s faithful. I have no doubt that he will be faithful to me as the years go on. And not just to me. He’s a faithful son, son-in-law, brother, friend, and dad. You just know you can count on him.
I could go on, but I won’t. I’m so blessed and so grateful and just so glad that God chose him to be mine!
Two years down, forever to go <3